Abstract submission has now closed.
SIS-E 2016 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for SIS-E 2016. Abstracts not formatted to the following standards will not be accepted.
Text needs to be justified with the formatting, fonts and font sizes as indicated below:
Title: Arial, 14 point font size, bold.
Keywords: Arial, 11 point font size. Please enter a maximum of 3 words.
Names: Arial, bold 11 point font size. Underline the presenting author.
Affiliation: Arial, 10 point font (no bold)
Abstract content: Text only Arial, 11 point font size. (No bold) Single space. Maximum of 500 words.
- Word limit of 500 words for the body text of the abstract, consisting of one or two summary paragraphs. This word limit does not include author and affiliation information.
- Authors may indicate more than one affiliation if necessary.
- Abstracts must include the ‘corresponding/presenting’ author underlined along with contact details.
- The corresponding/presenting author must submit the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF Format.
- No images can be uploaded, if you would like to have an image on your abstract please include it in PDF format.
- Authors are eligible to present more than one oral paper at the conference but to present multiple papers multiple authors must be registered.
Through the Online Abstract Submission Portal authors of abstracts are requested to select their preferred presentation type:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Oral or Poster Presentation
The Scientific Committee will try to accept the preference shown by the author, but this is not guaranteed in all cases. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. You can then add your contact details and submit your abstract in the ‘Abstract Submission’ section in the system.
The notification date for acceptance of abstracts is 11 March 2016.
Opening of Call for Abstracts: 16 November 2015
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 18 February 2016
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: 11 March 2016
Early Registration: 16 November 2015 – 15 April 2016
Late Registration: 16 April – 25 May 2016
Trainee Workshop: 1 June 2016
Congress Dates: 2 – 3 June 2016
Template of Abstract Layout Required:
Please click on the link below to see a template abstract layout that you need to use when you create your abstract and save it as a PDF to upload on the online submission portal. All abstracts must follow this layout and format.