Welcome to the Surgical Infection Society Europe
Our society aims to promote and encourage education and research in the nature, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of surgical infections. Our activities are focused on both the fundamental and clinical aspects of surgical infections and steadily contribute to the development of this specialized field of surgical care. Read more ⇾
SIS-E 2018 Topics
7-9th June 2018, Athens, Greece
- SIS-E olympics case report contest: present your case and win!
- update on antimicrobial resistance: all a surgeon should know
- new antibiotics and stewardship
- practice changing trials in surgical infections
- bowel prep/antibiotics in colorectal surgery: pro/con debate
- interactive clinical case scenarios
- complex corner: necrotizing fasciitis, pancreatitis, fistulas, etc.
- video forum
- Surgical site infection research (pre-clinical & clinical) opportunities
- Impact of fungal infections & C.Dif on SSI outcomes
- Incision management to prevent SSI