Call for Abstracts is now open!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the 33rd European Annual Congress on Surgical Infections,
which will be held in Madrid, from 3-5 June, 2020.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The abstract submission process for SIS-E 2020 will be through an online submission portal.
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact SIS-E@conferencepartners.ie.
• It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
• The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
• Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 8 April.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 8 April. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact SIS-E@conferencepartners.ie. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
• Oral Presentation
• Poster Presentation
• Oral or Poster Presentation
• SIS-E Olympics
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 8 minutes long with 3-4 minutes for questions and answers. Chairs will be strict, and presenters must comply with this schedule.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a printed poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
• Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
• Keep text to a minimum
• Ensure any text is in large font
• Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
• Ensure contents have a logical flow
• Make it colourful
• Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Workshop further details will be available at a later date.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
1. Case Reports (for presentation at main congress)
2. Original research, no RCT
3. Preclinical / experimental work
4. Randomized controlled trial or metanalysis
5. SIS-E Olympics
Submission Guidelines and Terms
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for SIS-E 2020. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the SIS-E 2020 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact SIS-E@conferencepartners.ie.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
• Title of the abstract (word limit is 20)
• Presentation type (Oral, Oral or Poster, Poster, SIS-E Olympics)
• Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
• Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person should be listed as the first author)
• Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
• Abstract word limit is 500, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
• Answer the additional information Questions:
1. Are you an SIS-E member?
2. List 3 Keywords.
3. Have you presented at previous SIS-E congress?
4. What is the status of the presenting author? (Surgical resident/PhD student/Consultant or staff surgeon/Other specialist).
5. Data Consent.
6. Consent from co-authors.
7. Publication of Abstract.
Abstracts must be submitted using the SIS-E 2020 the below headings. Abstracts can be submitted in English only.
Include the following headings in the body of the text:
Notification of Acceptance
Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author in March.
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the Conference by 8 April. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their abstract from the programme.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Ends
January 31 2020
Notification of Review Outcome
Accepted authors to register to confirm attendance
Final Programme Available Online
Terms & conditions
• The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
• The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
• This abstract has only been submitted once for SIS-E 2020.
• A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
• Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference. Please ensure there are no copyright issues or identifiable patient images in your presentations.
• It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
• Accepted authors must register by 8 April to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
• The abstract submitted is in English.
• The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 3-5 June 2020.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the SIS-E 2020 Programme Team SIS-E@conferencepartners.ie.
June 3 – 5 2020
Abstract Submission Ends
January 31 2020
Call for Abstracts
Acceptance of Oral and Poster Presentations
End of Early Bird Registration
April 30 2020
SIS-E 2020 BEGINS
Keep in Touch
Stay up to date on all the latest SIS-E 2020 news on our official social media channels