Call for Abstracts
Call for abstracts is now closed for SIS-E 2017
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the 30th European Annual Congress on Surgical Infections.
Opening of Call for Abstracts: 7 November 2016
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 22 February 2017 (Closed)
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: March 2017
Deadline for registration for presenters: March 2017
Through the Online Abstract System authors of abstracts are requested to select their preferred presentation type:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Oral or Poster Presentation
The Programme Committee will try to accept the preference shown by the author, but this is not guaranteed in all cases.
- Poster presenters will be expected to be available during the allocated poster session time on the conference programme
- The poster should be A0 size, portrait style and professionally printed. Posters should be mounted on a rigid backing as they will be displayed on poster display boards
- Please note that all expenses for the design, printing etc. of the poster are the responsibility of the presenters
- At the conference it would be useful to have a leaflet/brochure to give to delegates
Submission Guidelines and Template:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for SIS-E 2017. Abstracts not formatted to the following standards will not be accepted.
- Text needs to be justified with the formatting, fonts and font sizes as indicated below:
Title:Arial, 14 point font size, bold.
Keywords:Arial, 11 point font size. Please enter a maximum of 3 words.
Names:Arial, bold 11 point font size. Underline the presenting author.
Affiliation:Arial, 10 point font (no bold)
Abstract content:Text only Arial, 11 point font size. (No bold) Single space. Maximum of 500 words.
- Word limit of 500 words for the body text of the abstract, consisting of one or two summary paragraphs. This word limit does not include author and affiliation information.
- Authors may indicate more than one affiliation if necessary.
- Abstracts must include the ‘corresponding/presenting’ author underlined along with contact details.
- The corresponding/presenting author must submit the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in word Format.
- No images can be uploaded.
- Authors are eligible to present more than one oral paper at the conference but to present multiple papers multiple authors must be registered.
How to Submit an Abstract
The presenting author must create an online account. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into the SIS-E 2017 submission and registration portals. You can then add your contact details and submit your abstract in the ‘Abstract Submission’ section in the system.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited. If you require edits to be made please contact email@example.com
Notification will be sent to authors in March 2017. When notified of offer, presenters are required to accept their offer by registering for the conference by March 2017 or they shall be removed from the programme.
- Presenters may be asked to provide a copy of the slides to be published online after the conference.
- Submitted abstracts, full papers and/or posters may be published in print and online after the conference
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to communicate with results with other members of the presenting team
- All abstracts must be submitted in English
For questions regarding your abstract please contact Kemal Raşa, SIS-E Recorder firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having trouble with your submission or accessing the online submission system please contact email@example.com