Abstract submission has now closed
Become a Presenter
The Call for Abstracts for the 29th European Congress on Surgical Infections will open on Monday 16 November 2015.
What are we looking for?
The Congress Scientific Committee looks for oral and poster proposals on the latest topics and experiment outcomes in the field of surgical infections, and presenters who can engage the audience with quality-driven content and interactive informative discussions.
The Committee looks for proposals that:
- Explore trends and developments in the field
- Share best practices and innovation solutions
- Examine controversial topics that evoke debate and discussion
- Describe experiment outcomes
Abstracts can be from the following research types:
- Case reports
- Original research
- Randomized controlled trial
- Preclinical/ experimental work
Tips for submitting a successful proposal
To give your proposal the best chance of being accepted, follow our useful tips:
- Read through the abstract submission guidelines to learn about the format, dates, contributor information, assessment criteria and more.
- Download the sample form to help you prepare your proposal thoroughly with fellow contributors in advance of submitting via the online process.
- Choose a short and catchy title for your proposal
- Look at the 2015 Congress Programme to see previously accepted abstracts
- Ensure your proposal is complete. Only complete proposals will be considered for review.
The conference runs from Thursday 2nd – Friday 3rd June 2016. By submitting an abstract proposal contributors agree to be available on all the relevant dates specified.
Publication of abstracts
All successful abstracts, both oral and poster, will be published on the SIS-E website.